We Speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Thai, & Laotian

The Law Offices of Derek Lim

Professionalism. Innovation. Reliability.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Immigration
  4.  » Immigration Through Employment Or Investment

Immigration Through Employment or Investment

There are many ways to become qualified to work in the U.S. as a foreign national. Our law firm has experience in all of them, and we can help you obtain the visa best suited to your employment needs.

Contact us online to discuss your options.

Obtaining All Types Of Employment Visas

Our lawyer works with clients interested in obtaining the following kinds of visas for themselves or for their employees:

H-1B visas: Nonimmigrant visa for employees with specialty occupations, Department of Defense research and development workers, and fashion models of prominence. This visa may require a prospective employee to be sponsored by an employer.

L-1 visas: Nonimmigrant visa for employees who are being transferred from a foreign country to an office or subsidiary in the U.S. or for an executive to establish an office for a company here in the U.S.

Permanent labor certifications: For skilled workers who meet certain qualifications (depending on the visa applied for) to live and work permanently in the U.S.

EB-5 immigrant investment visas: For business investors who invest $1 million in a new enterprise or $500,000 if invested in a targeted employment area, as defined by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), that employs a minimum of 10 qualified U.S. workers, not including the investor and his or her immediate family.

We Can Help Determine Which Visa Is Right For You

Whether you are currently in California and wish to change your immigration status, you are still abroad and looking to come and work in the U.S., or you are an employer looking to hire foreign workers, we will help you determine which visa is most appropriate for your situation and submit your application.

Working with an experienced immigration attorney gives you a better chance of having your application accepted. If your application is rejected, we can handle your appeal or look at other options for permanent legal status in the U.S.

Contact Our Employment Immigration Law Firm In Fremont And San Francisco

Contact us online or call 800-769-3977 to schedule an initial appointment about your employment immigration status. Appointments are available on Saturdays by arrangement. We speak Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese, Thai and Laotian.