The Law Offices of Derek Lim - Immigration
From our California law offices, we provide representation to people throughout the world.
Free Phone Consultation 800-769-3977

Fremont Attorney For E1 and E2 Treaty/Trader Visas

The Law Offices of Derek Lim, in Fremont, California, assists investors and employers needing help applying for an E1 or E2 visa under the provisions of the USCIS requirements. E1 and E2 visas fall into the nonimmigrant visa category. To qualify, the investor or employee must be from a country with which the U.S. has signed a formal treaty or trader agreement. Labor certification is not required. Unlike the L-1 visa, the E1 visa applicant is not required to demonstrate a minimum investment in starting or expanding a U.S. business operation. However, the applicant must demonstrate the intention to carry on substantial trade between the U.S. and a foreign country.

Call immigration lawyer Derek Lim at 800-769-3977.

The purpose of a treaty trader is to carry on substantial trade in goods, services and technology, principally between the U.S. and the foreign country of which he/she is a citizen or national.

Are Spouses And Children Eligible To Accompany The Primary Visa Holder?

Under provisions of the E1 and E2 visa program, spouses and legal dependents may be granted a nonimmigrant visa to accompany the primary visa holder.

The Difference Between An E1 And E2 Visa

An E1 visa may be obtained by (or for) employees of a multinational company from a country with whom the U.S. had signed a formal treaty agreement regarding trade. The company must be in the business to do a substantial amount of trade with the U.S. Like an L-1 visa, the employee may be in a management or executive position or have a specialized skill or knowledge critical to the business operations.

An E2 visa may be obtained for an individual who demonstrates a willingness to invest substantial funds in the U.S., with the purpose of international trade operations.

Required Qualifications

  • The applicant must be from a country with which the U.S. has signed a formal trade or navigation treaty.
  • The applicant must be in the process of investing (or has already invested) substantial assets into the set up and operations of a U.S. company and maintain at least a 50 percent ownership.

Attorney Derek Lim Speaks Fluent Cantonese, Mandarin, Thai And Laotian

For help with your E1 or E2 application in the San Francisco Bay Area or Northern California, contact The Law Offices of Derek Lim in Fremont. Call 800-769-3977 or use the convenient email contact form to arrange a free consultation.

Consult With a Dedicated Attorney Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.